An integrated social media trading platform for B40 social media entrepreneurship

Johnlee Jumin, Mohamad Taha Ijab, Halimah Badioze Zaman

Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceedingConference contribution

Abstract

Statistically, there are 2.7 million Malaysian households categorized under the Bottom 40 (B40) category with 56% of them are living in urban areas and the remaining 44% live in rural areas. Malaysia’s Eleventh Malaysia Plan refers B40 as household with a mean monthly income of RM3,860. For the betterment of the B40 community in the country, the Government of Malaysia aims to double the B40 household incomes by Year 2020 and this is facilitated via various multisector initiatives, especially those championed by Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation [1]. It is observed by some studies that the younger generations in the B40 community are very exposed to the Internet and social technologies in general. They use social media application as a medium for many activities including interacting with family and friends, organizing events, for learning purposes, purchasing and selling products online, and thus becoming B40 social entrepreneurs themselves. Leveraging on this phenomenon, this paper proposes the development of an integrated social media trading platform which combines many popular social media such as Facebook and Instagram into a single platform that will be offered to the B40 social entrepreneur community in Malaysia to conduct their businesses on this platform. The integrated trading platform will cover a broad set of features such as storefront, payment, shipping, after sales service, customer management, and advisory from mentor. The integrated platform is also designed to enable the B40 social entrepreneurs to understand their customers better through sentiment analysis and social media analytics to boost their social entrepreneurship.

Original languageEnglish
Title of host publicationAdvances in Visual Informatics - 5th International Visual Informatics Conference, IVIC 2017, Proceedings
PublisherSpringer Verlag
Pages112-119
Number of pages8
Volume10645 LNCS
ISBN (Print)9783319700090
DOIs
Publication statusPublished - 1 Jan 2017
Event5th International Visual Informatics Conference, IVIC 2017 - Bangi, Malaysia
Duration: 28 Nov 201730 Nov 2017

Publication series

NameLecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics)
Volume10645 LNCS
ISSN (Print)0302-9743
ISSN (Electronic)1611-3349

Other

Other5th International Visual Informatics Conference, IVIC 2017
CountryMalaysia
CityBangi
Period28/11/1730/11/17

Fingerprint

Malaysia
Social Media
Sales
Purchasing
Freight transportation
Industry
Internet
Customers
Sentiment Analysis
Urban Areas
Cover
Community

Keywords

  • B40
  • Sentiment analysis
  • Social computing application
  • Social entrepreneurship

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Theoretical Computer Science
  • Computer Science(all)

Cite this

Jumin, J., Ijab, M. T., & Badioze Zaman, H. (2017). An integrated social media trading platform for B40 social media entrepreneurship. In Advances in Visual Informatics - 5th International Visual Informatics Conference, IVIC 2017, Proceedings (Vol. 10645 LNCS, pp. 112-119). (Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics); Vol. 10645 LNCS). Springer Verlag. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-70010-6_11

An integrated social media trading platform for B40 social media entrepreneurship. / Jumin, Johnlee; Ijab, Mohamad Taha; Badioze Zaman, Halimah.

Advances in Visual Informatics - 5th International Visual Informatics Conference, IVIC 2017, Proceedings. Vol. 10645 LNCS Springer Verlag, 2017. p. 112-119 (Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics); Vol. 10645 LNCS).

Research output: Chapter in Book/Report/Conference proceedingConference contribution

Jumin, J, Ijab, MT & Badioze Zaman, H 2017, An integrated social media trading platform for B40 social media entrepreneurship. in Advances in Visual Informatics - 5th International Visual Informatics Conference, IVIC 2017, Proceedings. vol. 10645 LNCS, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), vol. 10645 LNCS, Springer Verlag, pp. 112-119, 5th International Visual Informatics Conference, IVIC 2017, Bangi, Malaysia, 28/11/17. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-70010-6_11
Jumin J, Ijab MT, Badioze Zaman H. An integrated social media trading platform for B40 social media entrepreneurship. In Advances in Visual Informatics - 5th International Visual Informatics Conference, IVIC 2017, Proceedings. Vol. 10645 LNCS. Springer Verlag. 2017. p. 112-119. (Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics)). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-70010-6_11
Jumin, Johnlee ; Ijab, Mohamad Taha ; Badioze Zaman, Halimah. / An integrated social media trading platform for B40 social media entrepreneurship. Advances in Visual Informatics - 5th International Visual Informatics Conference, IVIC 2017, Proceedings. Vol. 10645 LNCS Springer Verlag, 2017. pp. 112-119 (Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics)).
@inproceedings{32725321dbe6490ea2627c57582413a9,
title = "An integrated social media trading platform for B40 social media entrepreneurship",
abstract = "Statistically, there are 2.7 million Malaysian households categorized under the Bottom 40 (B40) category with 56{\%} of them are living in urban areas and the remaining 44{\%} live in rural areas. Malaysia’s Eleventh Malaysia Plan refers B40 as household with a mean monthly income of RM3,860. For the betterment of the B40 community in the country, the Government of Malaysia aims to double the B40 household incomes by Year 2020 and this is facilitated via various multisector initiatives, especially those championed by Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation [1]. It is observed by some studies that the younger generations in the B40 community are very exposed to the Internet and social technologies in general. They use social media application as a medium for many activities including interacting with family and friends, organizing events, for learning purposes, purchasing and selling products online, and thus becoming B40 social entrepreneurs themselves. Leveraging on this phenomenon, this paper proposes the development of an integrated social media trading platform which combines many popular social media such as Facebook and Instagram into a single platform that will be offered to the B40 social entrepreneur community in Malaysia to conduct their businesses on this platform. The integrated trading platform will cover a broad set of features such as storefront, payment, shipping, after sales service, customer management, and advisory from mentor. The integrated platform is also designed to enable the B40 social entrepreneurs to understand their customers better through sentiment analysis and social media analytics to boost their social entrepreneurship.",
keywords = "B40, Sentiment analysis, Social computing application, Social entrepreneurship",
author = "Johnlee Jumin and Ijab, {Mohamad Taha} and {Badioze Zaman}, Halimah",
year = "2017",
month = "1",
day = "1",
doi = "10.1007/978-3-319-70010-6_11",
language = "English",
isbn = "9783319700090",
volume = "10645 LNCS",
series = "Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics)",
publisher = "Springer Verlag",
pages = "112--119",
booktitle = "Advances in Visual Informatics - 5th International Visual Informatics Conference, IVIC 2017, Proceedings",
address = "Germany",

}

TY - GEN

T1 - An integrated social media trading platform for B40 social media entrepreneurship

AU - Jumin, Johnlee

AU - Ijab, Mohamad Taha

AU - Badioze Zaman, Halimah

PY - 2017/1/1

Y1 - 2017/1/1

N2 - Statistically, there are 2.7 million Malaysian households categorized under the Bottom 40 (B40) category with 56% of them are living in urban areas and the remaining 44% live in rural areas. Malaysia’s Eleventh Malaysia Plan refers B40 as household with a mean monthly income of RM3,860. For the betterment of the B40 community in the country, the Government of Malaysia aims to double the B40 household incomes by Year 2020 and this is facilitated via various multisector initiatives, especially those championed by Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation [1]. It is observed by some studies that the younger generations in the B40 community are very exposed to the Internet and social technologies in general. They use social media application as a medium for many activities including interacting with family and friends, organizing events, for learning purposes, purchasing and selling products online, and thus becoming B40 social entrepreneurs themselves. Leveraging on this phenomenon, this paper proposes the development of an integrated social media trading platform which combines many popular social media such as Facebook and Instagram into a single platform that will be offered to the B40 social entrepreneur community in Malaysia to conduct their businesses on this platform. The integrated trading platform will cover a broad set of features such as storefront, payment, shipping, after sales service, customer management, and advisory from mentor. The integrated platform is also designed to enable the B40 social entrepreneurs to understand their customers better through sentiment analysis and social media analytics to boost their social entrepreneurship.

AB - Statistically, there are 2.7 million Malaysian households categorized under the Bottom 40 (B40) category with 56% of them are living in urban areas and the remaining 44% live in rural areas. Malaysia’s Eleventh Malaysia Plan refers B40 as household with a mean monthly income of RM3,860. For the betterment of the B40 community in the country, the Government of Malaysia aims to double the B40 household incomes by Year 2020 and this is facilitated via various multisector initiatives, especially those championed by Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation [1]. It is observed by some studies that the younger generations in the B40 community are very exposed to the Internet and social technologies in general. They use social media application as a medium for many activities including interacting with family and friends, organizing events, for learning purposes, purchasing and selling products online, and thus becoming B40 social entrepreneurs themselves. Leveraging on this phenomenon, this paper proposes the development of an integrated social media trading platform which combines many popular social media such as Facebook and Instagram into a single platform that will be offered to the B40 social entrepreneur community in Malaysia to conduct their businesses on this platform. The integrated trading platform will cover a broad set of features such as storefront, payment, shipping, after sales service, customer management, and advisory from mentor. The integrated platform is also designed to enable the B40 social entrepreneurs to understand their customers better through sentiment analysis and social media analytics to boost their social entrepreneurship.

KW - B40

KW - Sentiment analysis

KW - Social computing application

KW - Social entrepreneurship

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=85035134846&partnerID=8YFLogxK

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=85035134846&partnerID=8YFLogxK

U2 - 10.1007/978-3-319-70010-6_11

DO - 10.1007/978-3-319-70010-6_11

M3 - Conference contribution

AN - SCOPUS:85035134846

SN - 9783319700090

VL - 10645 LNCS

T3 - Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics)

SP - 112

EP - 119

BT - Advances in Visual Informatics - 5th International Visual Informatics Conference, IVIC 2017, Proceedings

PB - Springer Verlag

ER -